The Green Women Stamps Designed by Raven - Available from Wild Frog Creations Rubber Stamps

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gingersnap Creations Botanical Challenge Entry

I made this for the Gingersnap Creations Random Red head Botanical Challenge.

Please keep in mind that although I have been crafting all my life and stamping about 20 years I've just returned from a forced 4 year leave from any and all craft type activities.  Because of that, I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what company manufactured many of my um stamps.

This piece is in a wooden picture frame that was painted red, then overcoated with black and lightly sanded in spots to allow the red to show through.

The Rose stamp (company unknown) was stamped in black on the back of the glass. Glitter was applied to the rose, again on the back of the glass. Black Memories ink was applied all around the outside of the image by tapping the pad with my stiffest brush and just smooching it on the glass around the rose.  This was placed in the frame with a piece of red foil behind it.

Oops, almost forgot.  The Rose Woman image from the Greenwomen collection at Wild Frog Creations Rubber Stamps (can't forget that company, lol) was stamped on cardstock, colored and copied twice.  One copy had all the flowers and leaves clipped off and layered on the original piece with thin mounting foam.  The 2nd copy had only the roses cut out and layered again with additional mounting foam.
The entire Rose Woman was then distressed with brown ink and a sponge. This was mounted on the front of the glass.

I'm done with it for now.  I may add additional elements later.  This did not photograph well.  I am posting 2 pictures which each show some part of the piece better than the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...