The Green Women Stamps Designed by Raven - Available from Wild Frog Creations Rubber Stamps

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Paper Scrap Valentines

Here are another 2 Valentines that are vey similar.  Again, I had so much fun with the first that I had to make a second using different colors.  I seldom ever make one card at a time. I did not use any rubber stamps on this card.

These are both standard size cards on black glossy stock.  The center layer of each was done by cutting strips of leftover Christmas gift wrap and adhering it to black glossy cardstock  diagonally in two different directions, then cut to size.

The silver cording is also left over from Christmas packages.  The heart in the center is a wooden heart shape dipped in UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) in my melting pot.  Several colors of glitter and embossing powders were added while the UTEE was still hot, then it was dipped in the clear UTEE again.




I am entering the first card in the following challenges.  Click the links to go to the sites! :

12 comments:

  1. Awesome creation! Love the colors and the design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt design and the wooden heart is stunning. Since the last CCC challenge I have been wanting to use my unopened melting pot and play with pearls! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cool card!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Woodware USA challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous rich looking card and it's great to be able to recycle Christmas packaging. Love that UTEE heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love the treatment on the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Shelley!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - what a great idea, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting on the card, this is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just darling, Lovin those hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Valentines. The quilting gives them so much dimension. And I love the wooden hearts with the UTEE technique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...